Agenda Day 1
10:00 am - 12:00 pm WORKSHOP A: GETTING YOUR ANALYTICS EFFORT OFF THE GROUND: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
You’re convinced analytics can create value for your organization, but where to start? The initial steps can be daunting, but there’s no substitute for getting started. In this session,
you’ll hear what you need (and don’t need) to get your efforts going, and you’ll come away with a road map for beginning your analytics journey.
• Work with the data you have, flaws and all
• Look for quick wins to gain buy-in
• Focus on business questions that matter to your executives
• Use storytelling and visualization to convey your findings and drive organizational change
12:15 pm - 2:15 pm WORKSHOP B: THE PEOPLE IN PEOPLE ANALYTICS: A REAL-WORLD GUIDE TO BUILDING AN EFFECTIVE ANALYTICS TEAM
Successful data analytics projects are founded on effective teams with the right blend of skills and experience. It’s not enough just to hire data analysts; you need a mix of people
with strong business acumen and financial literacy as well as HR, project management, organizational psychology and communication skills.
• Assess what skills you already have and what you still need
• Weigh the pros and cons of developing skills in house versus hiring
• Configure team roles and responsibilities so that everyone’s strengths are utilized
2:45 pm - 4:45 pm WORKSHOP C: MANAGING YOUR TALENT SUPPLY CHAIN: USING ANALYTICS TO FIND THE RIGHT PEOPLE FOR THE RIGHT JOBS AT THE RIGHT TIME
To consistently improve business performance, organizations need to get their talent supply chain right. Here, analytics can be a game changer. This practical, interactive session will give you the tools and techniques you need to use analytics to assess supply and meet anticipated demand for your most critical talent. After identifying key lagging and predictive metrics such as upcoming turnover by job, readiness for promotion and needs for new skills and redeployments, participants will apply these metrics and key learnings to assess the strengths and vulnerabilities of an organization’s talent supply.
• Get tips for gathering, integrating and validating relevant data for current talent supply
• Understand the importance of creating a shared language for communicating talent needs
• Learn to utilize a “Think, Know and Predict” model for talent acquisition, development and retention